What: Annual World Bank Conference on Land and Poverty
Where: Washington D.C., United States
When: 19-21 March 2017
Who: Tarek Zein (Hansa Luftbild, Germany), Rohan Bennett, Mila Koeva, Jaap Zevenbergen (University of Twente/ITC, Netherlands), Joep Crompvoets, Serene Ho (University of Leuven, Belgium)
Why: to present three papers ITC co-authored, to chair two sessions, to host a Master Class on its4land and of course to seize the opportunity to have informal meetings with the its4land consortium colleagues that were present and with several of the advisory board members.
Find below a more detailed description of the its4land contribution to the workshop.
- Jaap Zevenbergen presented two papers, one with first author PhD Reshma Shrestha on land readjustment one on land titling principles.
- Rohan Bennett presented a paper with its4land partners as authors on 3rd generation land tools with good debate on why land rights recordation has lagged behind other development fields e.g. immunisation.
- Jaap Zevenbergen chaired a session on realizing land administration reforms.
- Rohan Bennett chaired a session on the vertical dimension.
- Rohan Bennett and Mila Koeva contributed with three others to the Master Class ‘its4land – 7 innovations, 7 lessons, 70 minutes’.