Publish and Share
The Publish and Share platform is primarily intended as a development platform to be used in land administration related projects. Typical users of its4land Publish and Share are independent software vendors (ISV) or integrators which create services / applications for end-users. Publish and Share offers a set of high level geocloud based services for developers of land administration systems to use or to integrate spatial references in land tenure registration. Using these geocloud services allows an integrator to concentrate on functionalities required by their customer instead of re-implementing common solutions for common problems. All these services are based on the concepts introduced by the Land Administration Domain Model (LADM).
The platform also offers the development of workflows that can be used to connect the its4land KERs Smart SkeMa, UAV-based Data Acquisition and the Semi-automatic Visible Boundaries Delineator via the Publish and Share platform, with a land administration system.
All the platform services are based on the concepts introduced by LADM, and provide the framework of common APIs as well as services used by all its4land software tools. Following the toolbox approach the user can select those its4land tools fitting best to his/her tasks or can integrate his/her own tools.
Publish and Share is based on three main concepts:
- LADM (ISO 19152: Land Administration Domain Model)
- Web based API
- Geocloud services platform
How do these three concepts work together?
- LADM provides the conceptual framework of terms. A developer who is familiar with LADM will recognize known concepts such as SpatialUnits, AdminSources, etc. These concepts are available in the Publish and Share API. Their localized meaning depends on the country-specific implementation.
- The web based API is a state of the art REST-API that is independent of programming languages and operating systems.
- The geocloud service platform offers a flexible and scalable structure with high availability. The common data repository and re-use of functionality help to reduce the amount of work in standard administration tasks.
The main aspect of Publish and Share is the dissemination and sharing of data created by its4land tools to external users or systems. This is achieved by service interfaces based on standards from OGC and W3C. The modelling of the interfaces follows the concepts introduced by LADM. External systems such as land administration systems (LAS) or planning systems can use this to integrate data into their own processes, which are based on specific national rules.
For seamless integration with existing systems, Publish and Share is implemented on standards such as REST, LADM and OGC OWS. Publish and Share is composed of four technical components:
- a set of public REST-APIs that allows tools and applications to interact with the Publish and Share platform;
- a runtime tool environment for Smart Sketchmap, UAV image processing, boundary delineation and other tools;
- a data repository for alphanumeric, geodata, binary and image data; and
- OGC services for data dissemination (for publishing and sharing data).
The platform is not primarily intended as an out of the box software for end-users. As a geocloud platform, Publish and Share provides technical services to support land administration projects in implementing their own tools, applications and workflows.
All components developed for the Publish and Share platform are open source software. The components can be hosted in a cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure or any private cloud environment. The reference implementation of Publish and Share was tested and validated using Amazon Web Services.
Where can I access it?
The Publish and Share platform is available via the link: http://platform.its4land.com